The library now has Brainfuse – on demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning for all ages and levels.
Brainfuse is one of the nation’s leading online tutoring providers for libraries and schools. Users get real-time tutoring from instructors through the Brainfuse online classroom.
Get Started with Brainfuse
Students work with live tutors using an interactive whiteboard to chat, write, draw, copy & paste text or images and graph homework problems. Use HelpNow for homework help, skills building and test prep.
The Writing Lab and the 24/7 Center
Users get the freedom to get help any time of the day without connecting with a live tutor. Users can submit papers through the Writing Lab for feedback. The 24/7 Center is for non-writing assignments like math or science.
Job-seekers can get live online help, powerful tools, and other resources.
Live Interview Coaching
Brush up on interview techniques or get live online interview practice from trained job coaches. Job coaches and users chat live chat through the online classroom. Also get 24/7 access to interview tips and career resources.
Submit your resume and a job coach will send it back within 24 hours with detailed feedback and suggestions for improvement. You can also download resume templates or browse resources for making better resumes.
24/7 access to carefully chosen job resources. Brainfuse job coaches help users strategically target jobs best suited to their interests and qualifications.
Adult Learning Center
Get basic career-enhancing skills. ALC offers test preparation (including the GED and the USCIS citizenship test) and an academic skills center featuring live, online tutors.
Support for your community’s veterans and their families. VetNow offers help navigating the VA, academic tutoring, and help with employment transition.
Live Online Navigators
VetNow Navigators are trained to help veterans and families connect with valuable benefits and resources.
- Answer questions related to beneﬁts eligibility
- Show community resources for housing, healthcare, and education beneﬁts
- Help you find accredited claims agents
VetNow Job Tools
Designed to help with all stages of the job hunting, the VetNow Job Tools feature career coaching, expert resume assistance, live interview preparation, and more. With the Job Tools you can:
- Discover your best career ﬁt based on education, experience, and personality
- Search for a job with nationwide and local resources
- Get templates for the most common resume types
- Get resume and cover letter help from trained experts
- Brush up on interview techniques or get live online interview practice from trained job coaches
Users build academic skills and prepare for college with VetNow’s array of tools:
- Talk with live tutors in a wide range of college level subjects
- Live skills tutoring and a large library of lessons, video tutorials, and practice tests including SAT, ACT, TEAS, HESI, GRE, GMAT and more
- Expert analysis of writing, with constructive comments
- 24/7 help with academic questions
- Live help for language learners
- Make and share ﬂashcards, tests, and educational games
We’ve got a fun line up of events for kids of all ages this summer. Summer Reading at the library is just around the corner and will go through the end of June.
Kik it Up! Wednesdays and Fridays | June 2 to June 30
OSU Extension is doing a food and exercise program called Kik It Up!
What we do: Nutrition Education Assistant provides research-based, hands-on learning experiences for youth at no cost.
Lesson topics: stretching your food dollars, healthy eating, food safety and exercise tips.
10 am – Ages 6 to 9
11 am – Ages 10 to 12
12 pm – Ages 13 to 15
Except On Friday, the 25th when we’ll have a play day from 10 to Noon at the Park.
Tuesdays June 8 to June 29
Story time and a craft
10 am – Ages 1 to 8
Thursdays June 3 to June 24
Story time and a craft
10 am – Ages 9 to 15
Parent or guardian must accompany child to programs.
We’re spreading the word about FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit. Having a broadband connection is essential for households gain access to jobs, healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more. Enrollment starts May 12.
What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a temporary FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford broadband internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The benefit offers:
- Up to $50 per month discount for broadband service
- Up to $75 per month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet bought through a participating provider if the household contributes more than $10 but less than $50 toward the purchase price.
Limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who Can Apply
A household is eligible if someone in the household meets one of these criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline.
- Gets benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program or did so in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Got a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Had a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Learn more: FAQs for Emergency Broadband Benefit
3 Ways to Apply
- Contact your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process. See Providers in Oklahoma: Emergency Broadband Benefit Providers in Oklahoma
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it with proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
Questions and Answers about the Broadband Benefit
Do I get the Funds Each Month?
No, the participating broadband provider will get the funds directly from the EBB program.
Which Providers are Participating?
Broadband providers choose whether or not to participate. See a list of Providers in Oklahoma.
Will I Be Automatically Billed at Higher Rates if the Program Ends?
No. Households will need to opt-in to keep their service once the EBB program ends.
See more questions and answers: FAQs for Emergency Broadband Benefit
It’s time to roll up your sleeves and clean for Spring. The Comanche Nation has 3 sites where they are accepting those big, bulky items or hard to get rid of waste.
- Tires, on and off the rim.
- Electronic waste.
- Household waste.
- Bulky appliances – empty out food and debris.
When and Where Drive-Thrus in Your Area
Cache – Comanche Nation Community Building
May 3 – 6, 2021
9 am to 4 pm
Walters – Comanche Nation Community Building
May 10 – 13, 2021
9 am to 4 pm
Apache – Comanche Nation Community Building
May 17 – 21, 2021
9 am to 4 pm
For More Information
Call the Comanche Nation Office of Environmental at (580) 492-3754.
This is a fun time for the whole family!
On the first Saturday each month, May through September from 8 am to noon – see all kinds of cars, grab a snow cone or a coffee.
Find us on the 100 to 200 blocks of Evans (Main) Street in Apache, Oklahoma.
Lots To Do and See:
The s’Blended Coffee trailer
Backroads Ale House Breakfast
The Fresh Shave Snow Cone trailer
20 foot tall Blue Wave Bounce House – Free for kids
Free Donuts and more!
Drive-by backpack & supplies giveaway!
When and Where
First Baptist Church Apache
Thursday August 6 from 6 pm unitl we run out.
301 E. Franklin (First Baptist Church)
Follow the signs and stay in your vehicle.
We’ll bring the backpack and supplies to you!
Apache Community Blood Drive: Thursday August 6, from 2:30 to 5:30 pm. Apache Public Library on the Bloodmobile.
Schedule an Appointment
Contact Kelly Lunsford at 580-215-9151.
Give Blood and Get Good Things in Return
Donors get a coupon for a FREE Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit from Whataburger.
Donate and get a free COVID-19 antibody test. You must make an appointment. You’ll get test results in the mail post-donation. The FDA has not reviewed the test and it is not meant for diagnosis or treatment of COVID-19. You must be 18 years old or older to get an antibody test.
We’re following CDC recommendations.
Get a T-shirt and more!
Donors also get a Gone Savin’ Lives t-shirt (while we have them) and a choice of tickets:
- 1 entry to the Science Museum of Oklahoma.
- 2 entries to Safari Joes’ H20.
- 1 entry to Frontier City.
The library is closed to the public for the time being.
Corona Virus News and Info
Coronavirus Call Center 877-215-8336
The OK Department of Health has a Coronavirus Call Center to answer questions. They are taking calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Center can connect with Spanish interpreters. Hours may change, visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov to check.
Oklahoma Covid-19 Resources. This page has resources for Oklahomans to find services and information related to the COVID-19 virus. It covers issues like unemployment, vehicle registration, etc.
Learning and Reading
Here’s a few websites to help you stay active and engaged:
Digital Prairie Research & Discovery
Articles, info and more from popular magazines and journals. You should be able to get into ebsco databases without having to log in.
For a while, you can get into this collection of books through a trial.
A fun way to learn a language.
A round-up of great places for kids to learn, read and connect!
Stay safe and well, everyone!
Exciting news! Ebooks, audiobooks and more are coming to Apache. The library is joining the OK Virtual Library.
That means you’ll be able to borrow eBooks, audios and movies on your favorite mobile device or computer for free. Read, listen, or watch instantly or download for later. No long waiting lines or late fees! All you need is a library card in good standing.
How to Get Started
You will need your library card number and a PIN. Call us or come by to get your PIN.
See What’s in the Collection
The virtual library has all the popular titles and best sellers you love. You’ll also find special reading rooms for kids and teens and a business collection.
Best of all – when the library is closed, the OK Virtual Library is open!
You’ll Love Libby – the App
Instantly borrow free ebooks and audiobooks to read on your device or Kindle. Works with all smart phones, tablets, computers, and eReaders.